Sierraville

Sierraville 474

Sierraville and the adjoining town of Randolph were first settled around 1854 when a ranch was built at that location. It became a settlement in the southwestern part of the Sierra Valley. In the late 1850’s after William Arms established a general store there. Other businesses soon followed including ranching, a hotel, the post office and a blacksmith shop. Over time, Sierraville and Randolph became a bustling center of commerce in the valley.

In modern times Sierraville is the place that visitors from the South coming up highway 89 enter the Sierra Valley and take in the wide open views. It is also the crossroads for East and West Sierra County via Highway 49. While there is no longer a blacksmith shop there is still ranching and other services available.

 

Sierraville Listings